Parks, Culture and Recreation recognizes the importance of dogs to residents by providing seven off-leash dog areas. These 'doggie parks' are a safe way to exercise your best friend while socializing with other dog owners.
Each dog area provides a wonderful mix of trees, open space, benches, waste and bag recycling bins.
Pet owners are asked to pick up after their dog and to bring extra 'doggie bags' and deposit them in the recycling bag dispensers.
Pet Owners Will
- keep their dogs on a leash at all times except within the dog enclosures
- ensure their dog is not aggressive or vicious toward other dogs or people or take necessary precautions (i.e. muzzle)
- pick up and dispose of dog waste
- accompany their dogs within dog enclosures
- keep enclosure gates closed