The Vagabond Players were formed in 1937 with the production of a series of one act plays staged at St. Aidan's Church. In 1950 the City of New Westminster furnished the Vagabond Players its current home located in beautiful Queen's Park.
In 1997 the theatre was renamed The Bernie Legge Theatre in honour of our beloved Bernie Legge who passed away that summer. Bernie was one of Vagabond’s most venerated actors and New West’s most dedicated ambassador to the community for theatre arts.
Beyond quality performances, The Bernie Legge Theatre is a learning center for people interested in becoming actors, directors, lighting or sound technicians, set designers and costumers. It’s also a place where aspiring writers can present their new work.