To be a caring, responsive department that is easy and friendly to deal with and provides creative, innovative services and programs through a well-maintained network of community facilities, parks and open spaces.
To create and facilitate parks, culture and recreation opportunities that enhance quality of life in New Westminster.
To offer programs and services that are truly worthwhile and will make life better for others. Our efforts will make a significant improvement for the community and enable our department and employees to grow and progress.
- we will be vision driven – creating opportunities in the present to make the New Westminster vision become reality
- we are committed to sustainability – all decisions and initiatives will be guided by and tested against balanced economic, social/cultural and environmental perspectives
- we will be innovative and progressive – constantly searching for and adopting better ways of doing business, a leader in the provision of local government services
- we will be fiscally responsible and accountable, effective stewards and prudent managers of the public assets that have been entrusted to our care
- we will demonstrate exemplary customer service
- we will be ethical, trustworthy and fair
- our decision making processes will be open and transparent
- we value teamwork – within and across departments
- we are committed to community development approaches that mobilize resident capabilities and build a sense of ownership
- we will be an exceptional and trusted partner – collaborating with residents, community organizations, the business community, and related jurisdictions
- we will be equitable and decisive in our commitment to identifying and acting on community best interests
- we will support and develop staff capabilities as together we strive for high quality, professional best practices
we will be the local government employer of choice – nurturing a high performance work environment that attracts and retains a top team.
Click here if you are searching for bylaws related to Parks, Street Trees, Animal Control, Noise, Tree Cutting, Signs, etc.